Thomas Horner - Acting Fire Official
John Beslanovitz- Fire Official
The mission of the Hazlet Township Bureau of Fire Prevention is to prevent fires and minimize the risk of life and property loss through education and fire code enforcement.
The Hazlet Township Bureau of Fire Prevention has the responsibility and authority to enter, investigate and perform routine fire inspections of all buildings, structures and properties in Hazlet Township with the exception 1 & 2 family dwellings in which the owner of the property resides.
Our primary responsibility is enforcement of the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and other local fire safety regulations. This includes the inspection of all Life Hazard Use Properties (ie: gas stations, schools, nursing homes, daycare facilities, auto repair/auto body shops, places of assembly and large retail operations) and the inspection of Non-Life Hazard businesses, offices and multi-family residences.
Additional duties of the Fire Prevention Bureau includes:
- Investigate all Fires and false alarms.
- Certification of smoke detectors/carbon monoxide alarms for re-sale of private homes.
- Investigate all complaints of Fire Code violations.
- Issue required Fire Safety permits.
- Issuance of violation and penalty notices for failure to comply with the law.
- Fire Prevention Week activities.
- Public fire safety education.
- Work closely with the Hazlet Township Police, Fire and Construction Departments.
- Fire Lane / Zone enforcement.
- Respond to Emergencies.
The Bureau derives its primary funding from Life Hazard and Non Life Hazard Use registration fees. All moneys collected are solely used to enforce the New Jersey Uniform Fire Code and other related programs. This includes materials and expenses related to fire inspections, investigations and prevention and educational programs.
Hazlet Twp. Bureau of Fire Prevention
1766 Union Ave.
Hazlet, N.J. 07730
732-264-1700 ext 8665